
"Like the Grinch, most of us at some point in our lives have wanted to steal Christmas. For many knocked down by life's losses and disappointments, now is the time to take stock, look back at the memories and ahead at the unknown. Depending on one's perspective, the path is littered with the pieces of one's own broken heart…"
This will be my second Christmas spent away from Kelowna. For so long Christmas marked a time where it felt like I had your heart; my path use to be littered with pieces of my broken heart and the further I travelled I seemed to lose more of my heart. I moved on, but my heart stayed wrapped up in the past.
In the wake of 2010 the path I travelled seemed to uncover all my broken pieces. They fit so intricately that pretty much my heart was consumed with only...you. I don't want to steal Christmas; and I don't want to steal your heart because I know your heart will never be mine, and never was meant to be mine to begin with.
I wonder if you could forgive me for trying?
No comments:
Post a Comment